Monday, March 3, 2014

A Mysterious Special Guest

To the best of my knowledge, I am the sole inventor of my funny faced bells I call Gargoyle Bells. I even own several design and trademark patents on them. I have never seen anything like my strange creations before. Last week however, I came across something very close to my quirky creations. It is a flea market item and the owner had no idea of its true origins. It is a beautiful distorted face bell, carefully carved out of some sort of hard wood. It has a very Asian looking face and large Buddha-esque ears. I just had to have it!

He arrived just in time for the Blessing and Naming Ceremony for the latest newborns. This is him visiting with Bonzie, my personal (and quite handsome) gargoyle bell. Bonzie likes to chat and share wisdom with other gargs, but usually before they go off to their new homes. This time around, he welcomed a new companion to gargoyle bell headquarters instead.

The ceremony of new gargoyle bells commenced on the New Moon of Saturday, March 1st. A Blue day with excellent astrological pronmise. It was a beautiful blessing with a variety bells and many new face pots joined in the mix. Reiki healing music played while all bells were saged and cleansed, including our mysterious guest. Healing, peaceful, positive and protective energies from the universe were invoked into the bells as always.

When it became time to name this adorable-yet-toothy visitor as we always do with letter dice, the name Kilos was spelled. I decided to ask where he was from and the dice very distinctly spelled Tokyo! I have been trying to figure out what Kilos may mean in Japanese and see learn more about his history. It is a beautiful mystery that I will enjoy researching.



No comments:

Post a Comment